Whenever there is a special occasion coming or whenever I host a dinner party, I always prepare a filet mignon roast. This dish has been my go-to recipe not only because the taste is so satisfying, but also it is easy to make with just simple steps. Besides, everybody loves Filet Mignon Roast! Who wouldn’t love the juiciness, smoothness, and tenderness of this meat? I bet no one.
In cooking a particular dish, especially for something special, time is an essential factor to consider. If you are thinking about cooking a filet mignon roast at a dinner you will be hosting. You should know how much time it takes to cook the meat perfectly. So how long to cook filet mignon roast in the oven?
I usually cook filet mignon roast in the oven at 350 degrees. This is the temperature that I prefer and what I also know as the best temperature to cook the meat. At 350 degrees F, the duration of the cooking process or roasting takes up to about 20 minutes for every pound of filet mignon. For the usual recipe with 6 lbs of meat, the cooking time will take about 2 hours.
Just follow this simple recipe, and I’ll guarantee you that you will never regret it. In cooking this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
1. preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
2. Apply a generous amount of oil into the meat. After that, put the chopped garlic and season the beef with salt & pepper.
3. Put the meat in a large roasting pan, preferably together with the roasting rack. I usually prefer to put the flat side on the top of the pan.
4. Check the oven, and once the preheat is good enough, put the pan in the oven.
5. Once the roasting pan is in the oven, reduce the oven’s temperature to 350 degrees.
6. Cook for 20 minutes per pound. Do not forget to flip the meat once in a while to cook the sides evenly.
7. Check the temperature. Cook it according to your liking, whether you prefer it rare, medium-rare, or medium. I prefer medium-rare filet mignon so that the tenderness will remain.
8. Remove the filet mignon from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
9. Cut into a bite-size slice and transfer it to your best plate.
You can now have a taste of Filet Mignon Roast! Go and serve it to your family or friends and let them taste how good the food you cooked is. I’m sure you would hear many praises throughout the dinner, and they might even ask you to cook it for your next dinner together.
Filet Mignon Roast is one of the steaks and red meat recipes. The healthiest cuts of beef are said to be 95% to 97% lean, which is where filet mignon falls. Steaks are very healthy and nutritious. Red meats are good sources of protein and iron, zinc, B12, and other nutrients. It is also beneficial in maintaining and growing muscle mass.