BBQ pork chops are a tasty way to incorporate lean protein into your diet. And it can easily be done without a grill. The oven will just be good enough. I typically like to bake the barbeque pork chops at 400 degrees. Timing is important for the best result. So how long to cook BBQ pork chops in oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit? In this post, we like to share our answer and other tips for preparing this dish.
How Long To Cook BBQ Pork Chops In Oven At 400 Degrees?
It will take 20 minutes to cook barbecued pork chops in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a great temperature as you can get a crispy BBQ pork chop with tender meat in the interior.
What are the other temperatures to grill BBQ pork chops in the oven?
If you want to try out some other cooking temperatures, then 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes will also produce good results. Grilling at 350 degrees Fahrenheit will make the meat more tender, while 450 degrees Fahrenheit will make the pork chops more crispy on the outside. Cooking at 450 degrees may take less time, but the meat may dry out and become tough. If you like the barbequed pork chops to have more tender meat, you can also bake bbq pork chops in the oven at lower temperatures such as 300 degrees Fahrenheit. But these lower temperature will take a longer time to cook the chops fully.
What is the best temperature to bake barbeque pork chops in the oven?
I personally like to cook the BBQ pork chops in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I find that this temperature produces the optimal results for bbq pork chops. It produces very crispy pork chops with tender meat inside.
How to cook barbecued pork chops in oven?
Here’s the recipe for cooking barbecued pork chops in the oven.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove any excess fat from the pork chops to avoid smoke in the oven or flare-ups while cooking.
- Rub your preferred bbq sauce onto the surface of both sides of the pork chop.
- Place them on a wire rack, which should sit atop a baking sheet. This allows the heat to circulate all around the pork chops, which results in them cooking evenly throughout without any cold areas.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until they are cooked through completely, and no pink juices remain on the surface of the meat.
- Allow it to rest for five minutes before serving to allow any moisture trapped inside the meat to redistribute.
How to bake BBQ pork chops faster?
Here are some tips to barbecue the pork chops faster in the oven.
- Preheat the oven for up to half an hour before cooking if you can.
- Cut the pork chops into smaller portions, as this will help them cook through more quickly.
- Cook it in two smaller dishes rather than one large dish. This will increase the surface area for reheating, thus speeding up the process.
- You can marinate your pork chops, so they absorb flavor and moisture before cooking, which will allow you to cook them a few minutes faster. This also makes it more tender and flavorful.
Tips to make better Barbecue pork chops
Here are some tips to make even better BBQ pork chop.
- Steam your bbq pork chops in a pot with carrots, onion, celery, and bay leaves before cooking them in the oven.
- To add crispier edges, brush your bbq sauce over the pork chops after they have been seared on the stovetop. You can then place them under a broiler or grill for five minutes to brown their edges further before placing them into the oven.
- you can cook up the pork chop in a pan with olive oil over medium to high heat until they are browned before placing them in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- To seal in the flavor, you can rub your bbq sauce into the surface of both sides of your pork chops before searing. The residual heat will help the sauce to melt and form a crispy crust on both sides of the pork chop.
- Try using brown sugar instead of traditional white sugar in your bbq sauce. Brown sugar has an extra dimension of flavor and sweetness that the spices in your sauce will balance well.
- Coat it with strips of bacon before cooking to add extra fat and flavor. This will also prevent it from drying out during the process, which helps keep it moist and tender;
- Make sure that your pork chops are at least 1/2 inch thick before baking them. Thinner ones tend to dry out and become tough in the oven.
- And finally, use a meat thermometer to ensure your bbq pork chops are cooked through 100 percent before taking them out of the oven, as this prevents overcooking.